EDA, community partners help fund virtual hospital
Since University Health System agreed to contribute $750,000 toward the School of Nursing’s Clinical Simulation Center, the Economic Development Administration announced a $1 million grant to fund Phase 2 of the project.
Phase 2 will include an ambulatory surgical unit, pediatric unit, a birthing suite and mother and baby suite.
Additional funds for the project include:
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas Inc. — $850,000 for simulation manikins and other equipment
- Nursing Advisory Council committee member Donna Block and her husband, Eddie Block — $150,000
- Alamo Travel Group President Patricia Pliego Stout — $25,000
- Nursing Advisory Council — $25,000
- School of Nursing — $300,000