Donors make dream reality
Construction of the 7, 281-square-foot Simulation Center & Clinical Learning Lab began in 2010 and was completed in spring 2012, with $3.9 million in funding from the following:
- $1 million grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration;
- $850,000 from Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas (MHM). This gift is a portion of a $3.9 million gift from MHM to the School of Nursing that positions the school as the leader of a new, collaborative nursing education and leadership pipeline to address the nursing shortage in South Texas.
- $750,000 in construction support from University Health System;
- $500,000 in equipment donated by KCI;
- $300,000 from the School of Nursing;
- $290,000 grant from the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration;
- $100,000 from the family of alumna and former faculty member Ruth Ann Baldwin
- $100,000 from Donna Block; and
- $25,000 from the School of Nursing’s Nursing Advisory Council.